BiodivERsA is a network of 21 research-funding agencies across 15 European countries. It is a second-generation ERA-Net, funded under the EU’s 7th Framework Programme for Research.
BiodivERsA works to coordinate national research programmes on biodiversity across Europe and to organize international funding for research projects in this field, on a competitive basis:
- In 2008, BiodivERsA launched a major European call on biodiversity, through which 12 international research projects have been selected and supported for a total funding of €14.2M.
- The consortium has launched a second European call on "biodiversity and ecosystem services" in November 2010, through which 7 projects were selected for €9.5M.
- In November 2011, BiodivERsA partners have launched the Network's third call for research proposals on "biodiversity dynamics: developing scenarios, identifying tipping points and improving reslience," for a total reserved budget between 6 and 8M€.
- In November 2012 a call for research proposals on "invasive species and biological invasions" was published. 9 projects were funded for a total amount of €8,9M.
- In November 2013, a call on "Promoting synergies and reducing trade-offs between food supply, agriculture and ecosystem services" was jointly launched with FACCE-JPI.